The aim of the Supervising Safely course is to provide supervisors and others that have a similar role with the relevant knowledge and skills required to supervise work safely.
No events to show
Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Supervising Safely Course provides supervisors with the knowledge and understanding to allow them to comply with their health and safety responsibilities and reinforces why good health and safety is essential to performing their roles successfully.
- Discuss what the Supervisors role is in managing health and safety
- Explain the moral, legal and financial reasons for promoting health and safety
- Outline the elements of the Health and Safety Management System
- Discuss the legal requirements and the statutory health and safety responsibilities of a Supervisor
- Explain the importance of risk assessments and the part the supervisors plays in the process.
- Plan and undertake a risk assessment exercise in the workplace and record the findings
- Describe the legal requirements and organisational needs with respect to the reporting and recording of accidents, incidents and near misses
- Understand the benefits of measuring performance by means of auditing policy and procedures
- Discuss the various methods of communicating the health and safety message to the work force
- Explain the supervisors role in reducing and controlling pollution and waste in the workplace
Who Should Attend
Supervisors with responsibility for people or processes. It is equally relevant for any level who require a basic broad view of current health and safety requirements and principles.
IOSH Supervising safely certificate is awarded on successful completion of the course
|Cable Avoidance Tool (C.A.T) and Genny||10 Feb|
|IOSH Managing Safely||07 Feb|
|CITB Health and Safety Awareness (HSA)||28 Jan|
|CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS)||14 Feb|