The course will equip those who undertake unlicensed work with asbestos containing materials with the necessary skills to complete such work safely and within the law.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
- Properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including its interaction with smoking, types of products or materials likely to contain asbestos
- Operations which could result in asbestos exposure and the importance of preventive controls to minimise exposure
- Safe work practices, control measures and PPE
- Purpose, choice, limitations, proper use and maintenance or respiratory protective equipment
- Purpose, choice, limitations, proper use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment
- Emergency procedures
- Hygiene requirements
- Decontamination procedures
- Waste handling procedures
- Medical examination requirements
- Control limit and need for air monitoring
- Practical work