The CITB directors role for health and safety will provide a summary of how to promote a positive organisational culture for health and safety. Workshop exercises throughout the day will give delegates the opportunity to discuss their thoughts about health and safety and their responsibilities in an open forum.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This one-day interactive course has been designed for company Directors with the aim of recognising the human and financial implications of health and safety legislation non-compliance.
CITB Accredited Certificate awarded on successful completion of the course.
Please note: In Accordance with the Construction Industry Training Board Scheme Rules section 5 paragraph 4 - Cskills Awards takes legal action against any training provider, tutor or any other person or persons found to be involved in copying or producing false certificates.
Who Should Attend
The course is intended for Company Directors. Even if you are not directly responsible for Health & Safety in your company, in your role as a Company Director you have joint responsibility with your fellow directors under Health and Safety legislation.
- recognise the moral, economic and legal costs / implications of decisions made in the boardroom that make their business liable
- understand the importance of strategic management of risks
- appreciate the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively
- understand the importance of competent duty holders cooperating, communicating and coordinating health and safety throughout the whole project
- recognise the need to appoint competent health and safety assistance and the limitations of such an appointment
- identify the basic tools for introducing a proactive health and safety culture into their organisation