This qualification outlines key information required by candidates to ensure they are able to make informed decisions in First-Aid.
No events to show
This qualification is aimed those working in an environment where an AED is available. The qualification has been mapped to current UK resuscitation council guidelines.
This qualification has the purpose of supporting a role in the workplace.
QNUK Certificate awarded on successful completion of the course.
This qualification is valid for 1 year. There is no requalification course which reduces the course duration. Once the qualification has expired, or is due to expire the learner is required to undertake the course again in order to maintain the qualification.
- Understand basic life support requirements
- Demonstrate basic life support techniques and automated external defibrillator use in line with current national guidelines
- Demonstrate post-resuscitation procedures
- Carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an automated external defibrillator
- Understand the safe use of an automated external defibrillator
Who Should Attend
This qualification is aimed at first aiders who need additional competency in using life-saving technology such as defibrillators, as well as learning the required skill set needed to perform CPR on an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing until the emergency services arrive at the scene.