The QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) replaces the Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (Levels 3 and 4). The new qualification is as a result of a review by the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS).
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training provides an introduction to teaching. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers.
The new qualification consists of 3 mandatory units and includes an exciting curriculum to provide the underpinning knowledge and skills to prepare students to start or enhance their teaching careers.
The aim of the course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to achieve the QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF).
QNUK Certificate awarded on successful completion of the course.
This course will take up to 48 guided learning hours, this includes 3 days of classroom based learning and an additional 2 days of independant learning.
All trainee teachers joining this qualification programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, mathematics and ICT and be aged 19+. They should record their development needs and, where applicable, agree an action plan to address them. If trainee teachers join the qualification programme having already undertaken an initial assessment of their English, mathematics and ICT skills, their record of development needs and any previous actions taken to address them should be reviewed and updated as required.
The learner must submit a current CV as part of the application.
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
Who Should Attend
The target audience of this qualification is:
- Individuals not currently teaching or training but aspiring to do so
- Individuals currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) although the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.