To provide delegates with the practical knowledge and skills to identify the selection, use, storage, maintenance and inspection of Ladders, Harnesses and Lanyards. It also covers all the relevant health & safety laws including Working at Height Regulations 2005.
APT Health & Safety Training Certificate awarded on successful completion of the course.
- Overview of relevant Health & Safety Laws and Regulations including Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Responsibility of employees and their employers under these laws and Regulations
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 (as amended)
- Guidance on when Safety Harnesses and Lanyards need to be worn
- Understanding the difference between Fall Arrest and Fall Restraint
- Anchorages & selection of Approved Connectors
- Pre Use and Post Use Inspections
- Identifying faults and damage
- Reporting of loss or defective Equipment
- Deployed Lanyards & Blocks subjected to Falls
- Storage and Cleaning of Harnesses and Lanyards
- Lifting policy for Harnesses and Inspections
- Practical Instruction/Assessment
- Working at Height Regulations 2007
- The ladder safety and inspection element
- A general look at the new Legislation and its interpretation
- Ladder structures, types of material, setup procedures, tying off, footing
- Operative pre-use checks
- Short and long term storage
Who Should Attend
Anyone who will be required to work at heights and provides or uses harnesses at work.