Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering & Manufacturing (RQF) (Middle Management)
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This Qualification is for Supervisors/ managers and future supervisors and managers.
The training of food handlers is a legal requirement , and the key to profitability and high standards of food safety is to train supervisors and managers and ensure there competency.
- the importance of food safety management procedures and complying with the law
- the role of the supervisor in maintaining food safety
- ensuring that microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards are controlled
- ensuring good temperature control and stock rotation
- the importance of ensuring good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts, training and reporting illness
- ensuring that work areas and equipment are kept clean and safe
- ensuring safe waste disposal and pest management
- implementing food safety management systems