In partnership with the British Metals Recycling Association (BMRA), we are now offering MRGO (Metal Recycling General Operative) apprenticeship, the first sector-specific qualifications for metal recycling professionals!
Level 2 Metals Recycling General Operative (MRGO)
Profile & knowledge
- Working for companies of all sizes, from large multi-nationals to SMEs to family-run independents
- Team player
- Will be in charge with handling all types of equipment
- Will perform the many tasks undertaken in a metal recycling yard
- Will identify different metals, sort and separate them into grades
- Will understand the commercial impact grading has on the organisation
- Will develop a knowledge and appreciation of a wide range of processes, site administration, risk assessment as well as legislation relating to metal recycling
Individual employers will set the selection criteria and specify the entry requirements applicable to the area of work. Typically, employers prefer individuals that already hold GCSE grades C or above in English and maths.
The apprenticeship will typically last 12-18 months.
Apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
For any further information, please contact:
01782 213 428